Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Rick Nash Saga: Where Will He Go?

Well, first of all, I want to say sorry for my lack of posting as of late. I am currently working on my predictions for the upcoming season and am working hard to make a decision on where each team will rank next year. Second, I want to say that this whole Rick Nash thing is very similar to the Ilya Kovalchuk decision 2 years ago. The same hype, not much known about the situation, and a big name player moving (or not moving). This time it is different, however, because Nash is to be traded and he will not be on the same team as he was last season, unlike the Kovalchuk signing, in which he signed with the same team as the previous year, the New Jersey Devils. Commenting on Rick Nash, I'm going to go right out there and say he is the best power forward in the game today. He may not have performed as well as he could have last year, but imagine him on a team like Pittsburgh, Detroit, San Jose, Boston, or the New York Rangers? It would really boost his scoring total playing on a line with other very skilled players, especially ones like Crosby, Datsyuk, or Thornton, all three being brilliant playmakers. I cannot comment on where he will go, but I will say this: Wherever he DOES go, he will make an immediate impact with his big body and scoring ability. I want to see Rick Nash in the playoffs again, because I think he can do some real damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment